• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HEADLINERS

WOOLLYBUGGER

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the headliner from a mid to late 90's XJ will fit a 91? I kind of like having the speakers up on the roof plus my headliner is beat. BIG SUPRISE. anway thanks in advance and for all the other useful info here.:read:

it will fit until at least '96, possibly later years.

as long as the backing isnt broken, recover it yourself. I did one with cheap black leather look vinyl, as well as one with actual headliner material. The material meant for headliners has thin foam backing for pad and is a little fuzzy. its super easy, lay the backing out on the ground, use spray adhesive, work from the center out and watch for wrinkles. when you;re done trim around the edges.

for the speakers in the roof search "sound bar" IIRC it can be added to any cherokee if you can find one used, they might even sell them new somewhere

I took the headliner out of a 99 and put it into my 93. the 99 had the speaker bar and the center console. All I had to do was re-upholster it (diffrent color), and trim the tabs that mount the speaker bar to the ceiling. the tabs where trimed so the speaker bar sat properly into the headliner and everything lined up properly.

Back