• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noise from diff and causing vibrations at highway speeds

McBergs

NAXJA Forum User
So just did an sye, driveshaft wasn’t straight and though that’s what was causing the vibrations and noise. Just put it on and nothing changed. Jacked it up again and let it idle in gear, there’s a pulsing noise coming from the diff. This noise is literally the last thing that could be causing vibrations, taking the cover off tomorrow but idk what to look for. Bearings maybe? That’s all I can think of outside of the locker and the ring and pinion. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

(Since I can’t upload a video here on my phone I’ll have to link the Reddit post I made https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicAd...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf )

Many years ago I had a similar issue when I tried a H-n-T sye, I ended up needing to replace it with a HD sye. That's a lot of weight on the tailshaft.

Back