• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle relocation bracket questons....

Chungus Hyena

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I'm Chungus, I'm new here. I wanted to ask what you guys thought of the two different types of shackle relocation box types? I was considering the ones that just bolt into the stock shackle location vs the ones that bolt into the stock shackle location and the nutstrip holes?

My jeep is pretty rust free structure wise, is there any benefit to also using the nutstrip holes? Or am I wasting my time and money with the additional mount locations? Im trying to make this XJ as strong as possible with the income I got.

Your thoughts?

That would depend on what lift you have now, the bolt on brackets will increase your ride height about 2".

The rear is at 2" and the front is 4-4.5, I am going to level it out with longer shackles so it will be even. But I wanted to know which style relocation box was better? Are the ones that use the nutstrip holes truly stronger?

Id say they are equal but designed for different purposes. I just ordered the SFR boxes but thats because I'm making a class IV bumper/receiver so I will make large tie-in brackets and not using "nut-strips".

That would depend on what lift you have now, the bolt on brackets will increase your ride height about 2".

Ironman advertises '0' lift. I do have his set. I was going to put it on a 2" lift, but the boomer rang shackle angle looks fine. I might install some slider shackles I have latter. Sort of an interim build and DD. Something to try stuff on.

"Bolt-on", as in no modifications required.

Back