• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bed Liner Roof Job - Stone White '99. Black or white liner color choice

CLEHolmes

NAXJA Forum User
TLDR - 1999 Jeep XJ in Stone White. Unsure if I want to do the Raptor kit in white or black.
  • Does the black fade badly with Raptor?
  • How well do the Raptor white match up to the Stone White paint?

Long version - I was using a super clean 2000 XJ as my DD and got rear ended on the driver side in October. Spent 4 weeks searching all over (yards, parts dealers, cheaper donor cars for sale, etc.) and couldn't find a clean hatch and quarter panel that would work for my freshly clobbered Jeep. In the end, I got a decent deal from the insurance company to take a lump sum, and keep the old XJ with a clean title. As good luck would have it, a clean 1999 XJ in stone white was for sale in town. It was an old fire department vehicle from North Carolina, almost entirely rust free, and had only been driven 13k miles in the last 7 years will the owner did fun maintenance work like the rear main seal. (All said the Jeep has 173k on it but the documented maintenance that has been done on this thing is impressive.) Ended up paying $4750 for the '99 XJ (needs a heater core and 02 sensor), and got a whole 2001 XJ in Patriot Blue thrown in as a parts car for free (bought it off a local city where it was illegally parked and abandoned). The '01 has 118k miles on it and though it mechanically runs great, the rotted floor board made it a task too much for him to want to work on. Includes some pics of my wrecked '00. I'll have some pics of the '99 up in a few weeks. I'm in the middle of a move and a body shop is welding metal into the spots where the FD light bar was mounted. (Just plugged with some RTV right now.) They're going to prep the roof for me while they're at it so I can feel confident this liner will bond properly.

view.php
[/url][/IMG]

Can the Raptor stuff be tinted for colormatching purposes like standard paint?

I don't know about about that brand but my local store can make any color you want.

I don’t think I have ever seen a bed liner Jeep look good. I would spend the equivalent amount of money at a paint shop or at the spray paint store.

Back