• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep cherokee seats

Will 98 xj seats fit in a 92 xj

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Modify

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OffroadRaidersXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've asked this question a few times and I get mixed reviews. I have a 92 jeep cherokee and I got this awesome seats outta of a 98 cherokee that I wanna install. People say just to switch the brackets others say you have to modify. Can someone that has done this or similar let me know what they did. This is driving me crazy. Thanks for your help in advance.

I was going to do this in a 91 but ended up selling it. Sorry not much help. I have new brackets to switch to the late model seats, they’re a weld in DIY type if interested

Personally I like the seats in om '87 over those in mt '01. But as to your question, don't know.

On a side note this should be posted in the "Mod Tech" forum. You'll have better luck and not be breaking the chapter forum rules. Good luck.

You’ll need to make an adapter to put those on your seat brackets. This is a bolt in job on 95+ XJ’s Because the mounting pattern is the same.

keep in mind that two door front seats can fold forward, four door front seats dont. I put 2 door seats in my four door to give me more room to sleep in the back, and to grab stuff behind the seat from the front door. they are a direct fit for same year, at least for a 1990.

Back