• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Downpipe issue for 97 XJ.

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
97XJ, 4.0, AW4, 231J, 3" OME Lift. Almost 500K miles.

My downpipe was vibrating against the bolt on the side of the transmission pan causing a vibration.

The muffler shop worked on the pipe (I was actually expecting them to make a new downpipe) and now the entire pipe is lower than my tranny pan. Since I go offload, I can't have this thing hanging down. I called up the shop and they said that they would install a new downpipe if I bring it in to them.

What downpipe should I buy?
I have a Banks Revolver header on the engine on one end, the original factory downpipe that needs replacing, and a worn out exhaust system (except for probably the Cat) on the other end.

Also, since the downpipe sticks down so much now, could the shop have damaged my header by bending the downpipe?

I want a downpipe that is not hanging down, like my pipe is now.

Any suggestions?

I have a 97 Xj, with the Banks revolver header connected to Magna flow CAT via Banks down pipe, then a Banks muffler and a tali pipe from Summit.

Back