• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front fender trimming

offroadxj07

NAXJA Forum User
I am wanting to do just a little trimming to the front nothing extreme, and want to be able to still run flares on it.... Anyone have pictures of their trimming. Not to sure how much I am wanting to go so any pictures would help thanks

Ask and you shall recieve. There are plenty of posts and tech articles, so normally I would say do a search. But...even after doing that I was still hesitant. Let me tell you that once you get started as long as you take it slow you will do just fine. It actually gets to be fun. After the first side, the second side seems to go faster. Here are a few pics of mine. I was able to re-mount the stock flares after trimming them alittle as well. Althought Im switching to TJ flares ASAP. I trimmed for 33 x 12.5 on 4.5" of lift. Enjoy! Any Q's feel free to ask.

First a before pic...
648974_28_full.jpg

This was my first cut. I pretty much followed the body line all the way around...
648974_32_full.jpg

Trimmed whatever else I thought could go. Including the piece by the bumper end.
648974_33_full.jpg

Here are the leftover pieces to give you an idea of how much was taken off.
648974_39_full.jpg

And finally the finished result. With the flare mounted back on...
648974_36_full.jpg

Here is my little contraption for holding the flares on. Thats a piece of fuel hose used as a bushing/spacer.
648974_35_full.jpg

Justin

This is what I did when I wanted to keep the flares. Just left them in the stock position.
Look behind the tire and in front of it:
CindysBday071.jpg

Look behind the tire:
CindysBday060.jpg

StarboardM

Are you bumpstopped so you don't stuff the tire into the fender?

karstic said:
StarboardM

Are you bumpstopped so you don't stuff the tire into the fender?
Yes, I have longer bump stops. Ive got it to the point where it will just hit the bump stops and not the sheet metel. I think it might be the 2'' bump stop extender thing that you put into the bottom of the coil spring. Let me find a pic of it flexed and youll see that it will tuck into the fender, almost. Thats after a lot more fender trimming though.
edit:
Picture022.jpg

The tire just stuffs into the fender, and hits very little.

Poser shot of the downtravel:
Picture025.jpg

:laugh3: :laugh3:

Last edited:
Here's mine (sorry for the large pics)

Bilde%20697.jpg

Done:

Bild%20606.jpg

Looks pretty stock, which was the plan. can you say no rrrrrubbing :D

something for you to look forward to probably a little much for you now
jeep.jpg

On the other end of the spectrum, I only nipped a little off the front. Basically I just cut back fron the top of the bumper and removed that little brace that's inside.
27115630.jpg

But the wide Ford axle made the 33s rub and so I angled the flares a little more.
71354086.jpg

Jeep on!
--Pete

ComancheClub.com

WobblesXJ said:
Hey bucky weren't you in the process of making rocker protection? That big dent reminded me of it.

yes but trying to buy a house so that is on hold right now.

Back