• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission cooler line seal Part ID

QKRTHNU

NAXJA Forum User
I lost one of the little seals that slip onto the end of the transmission cooler line after pulling out the line from the quick-disconnect fitting.
Is this a part that can be purchased by itself or do I need to buy an entire new line?

You pulled the itself apart and not the "quick dis-connect" fitting!

insert "the line apart"

I cut those plastic parts off, flared the end a bit to bite a standard rubber hose and used hose clamps. I want reliability, and an easy fix on the trail or road.
them annoying plastic fittings are good for ease of assembly at the jeep factory, but otherwise are a pain,an unneeded fragile plastic assembly, that can be a show stopper when on the road or even in your garage when the parts stores are closed. think simple, a standard hose and hose clamp or two, simple,reliable!

ps parts store do sell the parts I recall. bring fitting to match at the store. Amazon had them also.
No luck when I brought it in with me to Autozone. Do you know if it's part of the line or part of the fitting?

Might just cut them and rig up something else like suggested but if I can replace it for a few $ I'd rather do that.

Every quick fitting I've seen uses o-rings so I was thinking that is something that broke off.

If the end of the line that the fitting fell apart on you is at the transmission, you can google Dorman 800-714. These are the fittings that go between the trans and the line...

Now may be a good time to get away from using these QC/QD fittings.

Hmm weird, mine doesn't look broken, the black piece was clearly a separate slightly tapered and flared slip on piece that looks to serve as the seal (i.e. in place of o-rings) on both connections. Nothing was left in the transmission, just an empty female QD fitting.

I guess maybe what I have is already some other non-OEM non-Dorman part.

I'll take the suggestions to just scrap the QD fittings and do something else.
Thanks all!

Back