• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roller or Hawse fairlead?

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
Which one would you recommend for wire cable? I know most people like the roller for the wire but still see some people using the hawse with wire. And most of those I have seen with the hawse don't use them on the M8000 that comes with one. Thanks.

-Mike

Big Jeep 101 said:
Which one would you recommend for wire cable? I know most people like the roller for the wire but still see some people using the hawse with wire. And most of those I have seen with the hawse don't use them on the M8000 that comes with one. Thanks.

-Mike

I have a roller and I like it on my Warn 8000i. I think people get the hawse because it weights less and is cheaper, also doesn't stick out as much to get smacked. My bro has a hawse on his daystar/profab pre-runner bumper so he'll probably just use that when he buys a winch.
Troy

I've destroyed two rollers.

I think rollers suck.

I have a hawse now, cause its required for some reason to run synth, but either way I'd never run a roller again.

Beezil said:
I have a hawse now, cause its required for some reason to run synth, but either way I'd never run a roller again.

I thought it was cause the rollers have burrs that can cut the rope.

Also the rollers can jam up if you pull hard from a wierd angles or wedge the wire between the rollers.

I have a hawse and even at extreme angles it is fine.

Back