• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Elephant Hill 10/9/10

hurley842002

NAXJA Forum User
Planning to do Red Elephant Hill 10 Oct 10 (Saturday), if anyone is interested. http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=46 , Plan would be to run Red elephant, and then either do Mill Creek, or Bill Moore. It's been a couple years since i've done this trail, but i'd say 31's would be minimum tire size, a locker helps, but no locker makes things interesting. The thing about this trail for those who haven't ran it, It's quite steep and has a few obstacles going up. While it may not be the hard core rock crawling that some of you are used to, it can be quite slick depending on how dry it's been (and it's been very dry). Let me know if there is any interest, and we'll go from there.

Hmmm sounds fun. I will have to check with the little woman!

Also I ran this trail trail two years ago and only had one minor issue without being locked. But like you said no lockers= more fun.

Well it looks as tho, there is more interest for a Sunday run. It's a 3 day weekend for me, so I think I can manage doing the run on Sunday. So for those interested, the run will now be taking place Sunday.

Im down for Sunday as long as the rest of the week goes good for me. I have Sunday off to. So there would be no rush for me. May have a few buddys from school join as well.

Welp! I had changed this run to Sunday, because I thought I had someone to come along. It looks as though he's changed his mind, so back it goes to Saturday, if anyone wants to join, let me know, and we can go from there. Otherwise i'll just play it by ear and head up solo.

I am interested in going Saturday. I will let you know this evening. Gotta find someone to weld up my trac bar bracket for me and I will be set.

It doesn't seem as if you are looking to hard for a welder. :eyes: Lol

David and I are free on Saturday and are trying to decide where to go. This run may be a possibility.

It doesn't seem as if you are looking to hard for a welder. :eyes: Lol

David and I are free on Saturday and are trying to decide where to go. This run may be a possibility.

I talked to David about it but he said he wanted to weld his first to make sure the welder was dialed in right. You guys should join! :wave:

Looks like we are in.

Justin - text David, he is ok with welding your track bar, if you are ok with it.

What time are we all thinking about meeting up? My GF and I need to be back in Denver about 2, so I was thinking we should meet up in Downieville no later than 9. Matt/David plan on caravaning up from your place?

Back