• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 header pannel on a 88 MJ

MDR88MJ

NAXJA Forum User
im rebuilding the front end of my MJ. im putting the 2001 header pannel on it to update its look but i have noticed i the turn signal lamp socket on a 2001 Cherokee has 2 lights in it not one like the 89 front end, and im perty sure that the side markers have the same soket so i think that will be ok but will the original turn signal plug still fit atleast one of the sockets on the new lamp?
progress.gif

not exactly jeepspeed prerunner tech

well kinda since it will endup like this
IMG_024712.jpg

im trying to build a truck to race mdr eventual
and im doing body work for it, i dono it just ended up on this forum because i figured you guys would know

nice ride and well kinda works but post the pic in the start and it would help

that first pic of the blue manche is a pics a stumbled across online one day, , thats how the manche below it should be like when its done , only without the i-beam front end

that first pic of the blue manche is a pics a stumbled across online one day, , thats how the manche below it should be like when its done , only without the i-beam front end

Why no beams ha ha? Beams are nice but solid axles should be easier to fit in anyones budget/skill range and they still can handle good. I think the hanneman fronts look sick on the 97+ header.

The socket does fit, use in outer holes in the lamp assy. I just did this on my 92 MJ. And I used an OE plug for the inside hole, but not wired up, just to keep the housing semi-sealed.

the blue one just looks 'off'
especially the inside of the pass. fender, and how the beams are at partial droop at ride height...

Back