• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ECU Breakout Test Unit?

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
For the Renix injected motors like my 1990 XJ has, does someone have a list of pin outs, and values for ohms or voltage for all the sensors?

On my old VW injected Van someone made a breakout box with digital meter that is spliced into the ecu harness for real time as you drive monitoring of the ecu sensors, O2 sensor, ecu voltage, injector pulse, temp. sensors, etc... I made a break out connector for an old injected Porsche, DJetronic system, and simply connect my volt ohm meter to it for testing while in my driveway.

I would like a simular diagnostic thing for my Jeep XJ. where is a good
location to get the sensor data?

Thanks in advance, I will keep you posted of results once I get this figured out. Maybe someone has done this before?

For the Renix injected motors like my 1990 XJ has, does someone have a list of pin outs, and values for ohms or voltage for all the sensors?

On my old VW injected Van someone made a breakout box with digital meter that is spliced into the ecu harness for real time as you drive monitoring of the ecu sensors, O2 sensor, ecu voltage, injector pulse, temp. sensors, etc... I made a break out connector for an old injected Porsche, DJetronic system, and simply connect my volt ohm meter to it for testing while in my driveway.

I would like a simular diagnostic thing for my Jeep XJ. where is a good
location to get the sensor data?

Thanks in advance, I will keep you posted of results once I get this figured out. Maybe someone has done this before?

Have you seen the Renix Engine Monitor?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFOATa6HGx4

https://nickintimedesign.com/

Your Jeep already has a diagnostic port. Just get a manual for the pin outs.

There's not much in the way of analog data on that connector though. A couple of relay outputs, but nothing like the O2 sensor, TPS, etc that he's interested in.

But those can be easily and more accurately read by the nickintime scanner. Why guess with a volt meter when the ecu will tell you what it's seeing?

But those can be easily and more accurately read by the nickintime scanner. Why guess with a volt meter when the ecu will tell you what it's seeing?

1. They're on Backorder

2. It at least $140

3. I can read a meter.

4. I have an FSM

Not saying it a "bad thing". just suggesting other options.

1. They're on Backorder

2. It at least $140

3. I can read a meter.

4. I have an FSM

Not saying it a "bad thing". just suggesting other options.

Yup, most of the individual sensors can be backprobed easy enough. The Renix isn't that hard to troubleshoot with a meter and a little bit of know-how.

Yup, most of the individual sensors can be backprobed easy enough. The Renix isn't that hard to troubleshoot with a meter and a little bit of know-how.

But backprobing the sensor, won't tell you if it's losing half the signal at the C100 connector. I find it best to just ask the PCM what it's seeing. :jester:

Back