NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old February 17th, 2019, 12:58
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Cheap 98 daily driver build

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTex18 View Post
Awesome man good to know! I may hit you up later on if I have any questions!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Do it. We have a chapter ride coming in Gilmer in March 22-24.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old February 3rd, 2020, 16:14
NAXJA Forum User

Cheap 98 daily driver build

So itís been a long time since I posted on this thread. I bought the Jeep and got all of the interior out to evaluate the rust damage and got a game plan for how I was going to fix it. Then life happened and it got put on the back burner. I just stared working on it again a couple of days ago and got one floor cut out. Got to looking at the passenger floor pan closer and found rust holes under the seat bracket along with the other holes and decided to go ahead and replace it as well. Ordered the pan and got the bracket out and need to cut the pan out probably tomorrow. Here are some pictures of where Iím at now.

How much overlap between the old pan and the new one should I leave? I am going to use panel adhesive and rivets for convenience and was thinking around 2Ē? Iím glad to finally be working on it again and am ready to have the floors fixed lol. Saving the seat brackets was super annoying. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 19th, 2020, 11:21
NAXJA Forum User

Well I finally got both floor pans in, got the chassis saver down, and got the bedliner on. It was a pain and I will have black specked hands and arms for a while but super happy with the results. I decided to put the large floor pan plugs back in from the bottom and seam seal them along with the under side of the pans. They look weird if put in from the top. I am waiting for the paint on the plugs to dry and will put them in tomorrow. I will also be putting all the trim back in tomorrow as well. Got them all cleaned up today so the inside of the Jeep should be clean tomorrow. Does anyone know what the small 2 pin plug under the console goes to? It has been to long since I pulled it apart to remember if it was plugged into something or not. Thanks!

Old May 19th, 2020, 11:43
NAXJA Forum User

Driver's side seat belt buzzer maybe?
Old May 19th, 2020, 12:12
NAXJA Forum User

Yup thatís it I completely forgot about that! Thanks!

Old May 20th, 2020, 11:33
NAXJA Forum User

Well decided to get my headliner in today instead of my seats and console due to deciding it would be much easier with nothing in the way. Definitely the way to go. Looks and smells a lot better lol. Havenít decided if I am going to paint the lights and speaker grills black or leave them multicolored. What do yíall think? My seats are completely disassembled and un-upholstered so I could clean the nasty suckers. Reassembling those comes tomorrow!

Old May 20th, 2020, 11:34
NAXJA Forum User

Old May 21st, 2020, 13:00
NAXJA Forum User

Visors done!

Old May 21st, 2020, 13:39
Degenerate Jeeper

Quote:
My seats are completely disassembled and un-upholstered so I could clean the nasty suckers. Reassembling those comes tomorrow!
Are you putting the old seat covers back on, or replacing them? The reason I ask is that I've been looking at replacement covers for my '99 Limited because the DS seat bottom is pretty torn up. So if you're replacing the covers I'd be curious to know where you found them and how well they fit.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 21:16
NAXJA Forum User

Yah I got the stock ones cleaned up great besides the usual rip in the drivers side vinyl. I am going to put them back on and may look into some quality covers in the future. I wasnít able to find any that were decent priced that looked like they fit well.

Old May 23rd, 2020, 06:54
Degenerate Jeeper

Quote:
I wasn’t able to find any that were decent priced that looked like they fit well.
Exactly my experience. And I really don’t want to spend $200 for a full set when I really only need one seat bottom cover.

I’m going to pull the DS seat out of the rig today and take the seat bottom to an auto upholstery shop to get an estimate. Without paying the extra labor to have them deal with installed seats, maybe the cost’ll be reasonable. And my rig, though street-legal, is only used for wheeling, so I don’t care a whole lot if the seat bottoms don’t exactly match the backs.