NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old April 26th, 2010, 15:43
NAXJA Forum User

part number request (radiator isolators)

98 4.0 5spd. Pulled my old radiator out today (leaking at the corners) Found that one of the bottom rubber isolators was completly gone, and the two rectangular ones on top are shot also. Could use some help on part numbers and a distributor for these parts. Any help would be appreciated as this is my DD.

edit: Just found em on Team Cherokee, but insanely priced so a real part number could still be helpfull

Last edited by xjwisconsin; April 26th, 2010 at 15:52. Reason: info
Old April 26th, 2010, 16:08
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos
Re: part number request (radiator isolators)

top isolators - 5200 2585 (each, no hardware)
Can't find the lower isolators in the catalog, unfortunately... I may be looking in the wrong section.

Try mopardiscountparts.com or discountjeepparts.com, or maybe funjeepsparts.com, or google for the part number with "jeep" or "mopar" as a second term.

EDIT: http://funjeepsparts.com/webstore/in...oducts_id=8365 - first result for 52002585 on google!
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old April 26th, 2010, 16:38
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjwisconsin View Post
edit: Just found em on Team Cherokee, but insanely priced so a real part number could still be helpfull
heh heh ...

Compared to prices here ... I thought TeamCherokee was a bargain and got mine in the mail the other week.

J068 7550 may be the grommet part # ...

and confirm 5200 2585 as the top one with no hardware.
Old April 26th, 2010, 16:42
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos

J068 7550 appears to be the lower grommet for the 2.5L and 2.5L diesel radiators... does not seem to apply to the 4.0L

Only thing similar I'm coming up with is 5208 0115AC ("GROMMET, Radiator, (NOT REQUIRED)") so maybe try that.
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old April 26th, 2010, 16:52
NAXJA Forum User

thanks a bunch guys Ill run some searches with those part numbers
Old April 26th, 2010, 18:38
NAXJA Member

The bottom ones I cut from a rubber hose that just slide over the dowells. Working perfect for several years now and still going strong.

1996 XJ; 4.0L; AW4; NP231; SYE; D30 and D44; ECTED; 4.10 gears; 30X9.5 -15 BFG/AT/KO; 3" lift; Rusty's LCA; JKS ADJ UCA; Kevins ADJ Track bar; Drawtite Front Receiver; Dual Electric Fans; Dual Battaries.
Old April 27th, 2010, 17:02
NAXJA Forum User

As a heads up for anyone else with this problem... The above listed part numbers are correct. Team cherokee was the only place I found that had the "grommets" in stock. Crown makes replacement pads. I ended up at the pick and pull today and got both uppers and lowers off of a 90 4.0 auto. So looks like there a standard through all years.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 19:30
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjwisconsin View Post
As a heads up for anyone else with this problem... The above listed part numbers are correct. Team cherokee was the only place I found that had the "grommets" in stock. Crown makes replacement pads. I ended up at the pick and pull today and got both uppers and lowers off of a 90 4.0 auto. So looks like there a standard through all years.

I know this is way old but Thanks!

Nathan
99 with pretty much everything
Old April 10th, 2019, 09:58
NAXJA Member

Back from the dead!

Since I'll probably have to jerry-rig isolators to replace the J068 7550, how thick should the pad between the radiator and lower mount be?
Old April 10th, 2019, 10:38
NAXJA Member

I did what Techno did. slipped a piece of fuel line over the two bosses on bottom of radiator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techno1154 View Post
The bottom ones I cut from a rubber hose that just slide over the dowells. Working perfect for several years now and still going strong.
Mine's been holding for about 2 years. I didn't use a pad. Although some of that rubber shower pan liner was one idea I had. would likely have to epoxy it to one of the surfaces.
Old April 10th, 2019, 19:41
NAXJA Member

I just refurbished the upper pads on a 96 last week — I had a set with the upper bolt torn out

Ended up drilling the center for a 1/4” bolt — recessed the bottom with a die grinder so the head would recess into the rubber — then a nut and washer at the top — mounted this on the radiator and installed as normal— used a 2nd nut to lock it into place — worked as OEM
Old April 11th, 2019, 06:41
NAXJA Forum User

part number request (radiator isolators)

I used some floor padding that goes under "wooden" floor panels. Pretty thick, pliable, and durable. Folded it a few times and cut to fit. Made a home in it for the tabs and it's held up nicely.
Old April 16th, 2019, 17:40
NAXJA Forum User

I pulled grommets from a 01 in a junk yard and installed them when I replaced the radiator. Actually, I replaced my radiator as well with the one from the 01 junker so they were either free or part of the cost of the radiator. I have a 96.
Old April 16th, 2019, 22:10
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoid View Post
Back from the dead!

Since I'll probably have to jerry-rig isolators to replace the J068 7550, how thick should the pad between the radiator and lower mount be?
I replace my radiator this past Friday, got lucky and found isolators in serviceable condition.

Nominal measurements ranged from 1/4" to 5/16".