• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this the end of the transmission vent tube?

wolverine 00 xj

NAXJA Forum User
I want to extend my transmission vent tube (2000 XJ, stock transmission), but I can't find where the vent tube ends. Based on some research, I think the tube circled in red in the photo might be it. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
Cherokee096-1.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I've traced the the front diff breather tube up, and it's over on the driver's side. This also definitely isn't the T-case vent tube, which I've also been able to trace up into the engine compartment. So, by the process of elimination I'm thinking this has to be the transmission vent tube, but I'd like to be sure.

Does anyone have pictures of where all the vents are? I have a 98 XJ Classic, automatic transmission. I have had bad experiences with automatics and deep water before and want to extend whatever vents I can.

Not sure about the newer ones but on my old 91 and my now 92 they are halfway up the tranny dipstick (ziptied in place). Have a faded white filter on top.

Hey fellas, yeah, I know this is an old post, but it had the "just right" picture. I am putting an engine back in my 98 XJ. That rubber hose pictured goes to a hard plastic line, that goes to another rubber hose. I somehow busted that plastic piece on mine. I am going to try to glue it, but assuming the whole reason for that assembly is so that it will "breathe" up above any water line, I would prefer to put a new one in there. Does anyone know what that hard line is called, or have a part # or anything. I would hate to have to find a u-pull just for that!
Thanks

It's just a breather, any stainless/copper/plastic hard line that will join the rubber hoses will do.

U-Pull-R-Parts in Rosemount currently has a bunch of 97-01 XJ's.

Back