• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6th Annual Southern California XJ Fiesta Island 2008 BBQ/Potluck!

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
Last year was a great success:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=926363

Where: on
Fiesta Island
in
Mission Bay
in San Diego, CA

When: Saturday, June 21st. Noon-whenever. Although usually a handful of people show up early in the morning to stake out a spot.

A: Bring Food to share
B: Bring food for yourself,
C: For those who want it, can opt in to paypal me a pre-determined per/head price of catered food. Somewhere in the hood of 9-12 dollars. I'll get a rough head count first via a poll, and then a final cut-off date to pay me by. You will not be disappointed. They were in the top 5 best BBQ by 10 news 2007 a-list. Slow smoked pulled bbq, smoked brisket, pulled chicken, hickory smoked baby back ribs, cornbread, creamy cole slaw (are some of the options, not all will apply, exact details will come soon).

img_241633cad.jpg

Maybe...

Hmmm. I have tickets to the Padres-Tigers game the next day. Maybe I can go to the BBQ Saturday, get a motel room Saturday night, and go to the game on Sunday.

Im game for what evers.
How much of the beach can we drive on?

Full rules and regs of the bay can be found on the san diego websites, by clicking on the "fiesta island" and "mission bay" links in the where in the original post.

But there is no camping. Park closes at 10. You can drive in the sand. But there's not much of it there though.

mikedashg said:
You can drive in the sand. But there's not much of it there though.

What he means is you can park on the sand....NO "fun" is allowed with vehicles on sand.

And we are in.

Dang it

HAHa sounds like fun

GrimmJeeper said:
i want to say in.... can we camp on the beach??

No, they close it at like 10pm.

Oh, and it's fun to watch the 2wd pickups get stuck in the sand loading/unloading jet skis. :)

Mark

Oh, here's the new regs on beer drinking. Under 54.56 24 hour ban, Fiesta Island is now mentioned. However it looks like the ban doesn't include the roads, and it also says specifically "consumption" but not posession.
http://docs.sandiego.gov/municode/MuniCodeChapter05/Ch05Art06Division00.pdf

You do have to give them credit, the ban even covers "All parking lots on the Pacific Ocean"

:)

Fiesta Island is great place until your boss calls at 2:00 in the morning because his son has his 2 wheel drive jeep stuck below the water line. Stupid kid thought it could drive in water, they do close the gate but it is not locked.I am not sure on the drinking stuff for the Island but on the beaches they do not tolerate it at all.

Oh and hey, sign me arse up for that BBQ caterer thingy.....if that falls through though, let me know and I'll bring carne asada and pollo asada like last year....but again, someone else has to supply the grill.

SanDiegoXJ said:
Oh and hey, sign me arse up for that BBQ caterer thingy.....if that falls through though, let me know and I'll bring carne asada and pollo asada like last year....but again, someone else has to supply the grill.

I'll get a rough head count first to make sure there is enough interest, as soon as there is, I'll give the details for the paypal account, pre-pay only. Cut off day will be June 15th at noon.

sp5368 said:
Fiesta Island is great place until your boss calls at 2:00 in the morning because his son has his 2 wheel drive jeep stuck below the water line. Stupid kid thought it could drive in water, they do close the gate but it is not locked.I am not sure on the drinking stuff for the Island but on the beaches they do not tolerate it at all.

I hate to say it, but I think this is going to be a dry event. From the Fiesta Island web site: "Food is permitted but no glass containers. Alcohol is not permitted"

Last several years Rawbrown has supplied several homebrew kegs. *SIGH* Oh well, at least the food will be good :D

:party:

Back