• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crown HD coil springs uneven

fetishfrog

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all

About 8 months ago, I replaced all my springs with Up Country equivalents, Crown HD in the front, General Springs in the rear.

Rear has settled in at just over an inch higher than stock, and even. The front however, the passenger side is 1/2 inch higher than the driver's side.

Has anyone run into this issue with Crown HD springs before? How did you fix it? I've considered swapping them to see if they even out (as it's usually just me in the car) or replacing with Moog/other (is there an other for Up Country spec springs?).

Thanks

The factory front springs carried different part numbers, I would consider a spacer on the low side.

Sorry, I am not following your first comment. Do you mean different year XJ's had different part numbers for coil springs for the Up Country option?

I used this spring for both sides. Spring

No, that Jeep had a left and right spring.

Well, I've been unable to locate the different part numbers for the different springs, and I don't see it mattering much as Mopar coils seem rare and no one else makes separate parts for the left and right, that aren't higher than I want to go so...

Anyone else have this issue?

Otherwise a see a spacer in my future.

Swap the left and right and see if the difference follows. If it does, demand a refund/replacement.

^What he said.

Depending where you bought them, they'll send you replacements up to 12 months if you put in for a warranty claim.

You never know if someone packaged/labeled/shipped you two different springs. They sell 4 different stock XJ springs so it's possible.

If you haven't, closely inspect your spring perch. Rotted perches are common around me.

Back