• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations on a better Fuel Injector

Quills

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1992 XJ with a 4.0 HO and I have only done exhaust and intake mods. I would like to run a better fuel injector and I heard that a Ford Mustang #19 injector would be good to run in place of the stock ones. Anybody with any recommendations on doing this or recommendations on maybe putting another type of injector in? Would the Fuel Press. Reg have to be upgraded at all? Thanks.

I've heard that GM's LT1 (or was it LS1?) are supposed to be superior with a 6-hole technology that produces a much finer fuel mist then its adversaries.

I have a 1992 XJ with a 4.0 HO and I have only done exhaust and intake mods. I would like to run a better fuel injector and I heard that a Ford Mustang #19 injector would be good to run in place of the stock ones. Anybody with any recommendations on doing this or recommendations on maybe putting another type of injector in? Would the Fuel Press. Reg have to be upgraded at all? Thanks.

You won't gain anything by swapping injectors. You have done almost nothing to increase your engines VE (maybe 1-2% at most). Throwing money at some new injectors would be like throwing money out the window (assuming your stockers are in good condition).

Nothing wrong with the stock injectors. All you can do is get an injector with more flow, which you don't need.

You don't need different injectors.

I am going to stick with my stockers. Thank you for the input guys. My jeep runs great with the stockers anyway!

How do you know when the injector has gone bad? I removed the fuel rail and was wondering if i had to get new ones or not. I know I have to get new o-rings for them but I don't know about the injectors themselves.

How do you know when the injector has gone bad? I removed the fuel rail and was wondering if i had to get new ones or not. I know I have to get new o-rings for them but I don't know about the injectors themselves.

before you remove the fuel rail, have the engine running, idling. and you unplug one injector at a time then replug it and go on next one. while you do that, watch closely on how the engine runs. if the engine changed how its running, that injector you just unplugged is fine, but if no change, that injector's bad

Back