• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source for ARB air tubing....or other source for something else that will work

TRNDRVR

NAXJA Forum User
Just the tubing only.
Has anybody used something else for air tubing that wasn't from ARB?
Anybody???
Thanks,
Dan.

The only thing odd about it is that its metric.I believe McMaster-Carr has it,if not MSC does for sure!

Seeing how I'm not using an ARB compressor, what other tubing can I use?
Can any of the stuff down at Home depot work? :dunno:
Who is MSC?
Thanks,
Dan.

The stuff is 5mm but I've been told that 3/16 compression fitting will work. I just measured some 3/16" at .175 and the ARB line at .190". You can run 3/16 from the valve to the housing though.

I believe the valve fittings are 1/8" British pipe thread but I used all standard 1/8 pipe and havent had any problems, don't know if I would recommend it though. I just ran the fittings in and then pulled them out to clean the threads.

Look in the yellow pages for a tubing supply place. They should even carry the adapters and maybe even the 5mm line. You might also try a semi truck parts place, I don't know if they would carry as small as 3/16". If that turns up dry call Andy's Supply here in Boise. They don't stock the 5mm stuff, but have everything else.

how much do you need. Pay for the shipping and I can send you some. I got a roll on the shelf.
TRNDRVR said:
Just the tubing only.
Has anybody used something else for air tubing that wasn't from ARB?
Anybody???
Thanks,
Dan.

Rawbrown said:
how much do you need. Pay for the shipping and I can send you some. I got a roll on the shelf.
That's a very kind offer.
How much is on the roll?
Is 20' too much to ask for?
Aside from the shipping, can I pay for the tubing?
I can PayPal you today.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Dan.

I know this is an old thread, but I just ordered some fittings and adapters for my ARB and I thought I'd share the info.
The fittings at the compressor to the air valves are 1/8" x 1/8" BSPP, British Standard Pipe Parallel thread. The outlet at the airlines are also 1/8" BSPP. As stated above the plastic airline is 5mm.
BSPP/NPT pipe fittings, BSPP push in fitting ( Metric Acetal Instant Tube Fittings ) and couplers (for trail repairs).
I ordered the fittings from :link1: McMaster Carr:link1: and all of these fittings are a stock item.

The push in fitting are on page 135.

BSPP threaded fitting are on page 20.

BSPP to NPT adapters are on page 21.

Other tubing and fittings (metal & plastic) are located between pg. 16 - 152.
These page numbers are from Catalog 110, the new catalog and their website are pretty much the same. For the website, use the terms listed in GREEN from above for searching.

Search terms for Mod Tech:
ARB , hard line , air line , conversion , quick connect , where to buy , brass , compression , street , nipples , reducer , union , steel , female , male , thread , BSPT , size , street elbows , nickel plated , stainless steel , psi , tubing , zinc .

I hope this helps, trying to get individual fittings from ARB can be a PITA, not to mention way over priced.

:D BTW, yes I am bored and I do need a life!

TIM

maybe try a local truck stop. Those lines and fittings should be like the ones used on big rigs for the air bag suspension

Back