• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More AN fittings and hose

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Today I developed a fuel leak. It was where the hard line leaves the fuel rail and runs down to the hard kine on the frame. Since almost everything is AN now I decided to order a couple more fittings and some SS line.
611213.jpg

Well that worked out great. If I found a factory line it would have been more expensive. It also lowered my fuel rail temps by about 12* which is always good.

It also lowered my fuel rail temps by about 12* which is always good.

This is interesting — I’ve got a 96 that can’t idle in 75* weather for more than 10 minutes without having heat related injector/fuel issues — I’m needing to find a way to lower that fuel rail temp — maybe going AN would be beneficial — I could also re-route the fuel line away from the exhaust manifold much easier

Here's the old line with a crack under the clamp on the intake manifold (plus my new 1/2" insulated clamp).
P1080614_zpsugfysymj.jpg

And the new install.....
P1080615_zpsxhifpl4l.jpg

P1080616_zps7jp1jg4q.jpg

P1080617_zpshhj2nkkt.jpg

Today I developed a fuel leak. It was where the hard line leaves the fuel rail and runs down to the hard kine on the frame. Since almost everything is AN now I decided to order a couple more fittings and some SS line.
611213.jpg

I know you've posted it before but details on the fitting please, and where are you buying it?

Did you end up running all the way to the tank? What fitting did you use on the other end?

No I only replaced the line in the pic. The fitting are from Russell.
P1080614_zpsugfysymj.jpg

No, the fuel line is 5/16" so it was (2) 611263 @ 18$ each. The trans fitting I used were the 3/8" versions.

Ok so next question — what type of hose is best for this application?

Of course -6an stainless braided but rubber or Teflon — I think there’s another one, poly something too

Back