• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

head light upgrade?

THE main reason I switched from normal 80/100 Watt bulbs and went w/my JW Speaker LED's was because of the ~ 3 month replacement time. Also, they always seemed to pop a the worst time... during rain, snow, freezing weather and almost never when I was prepared. Not only that, but I'd have to order the 80/100 Watt bulbs as none of my local parts places carry anything other than the OE 55/65 watt replacements.

I personally Love the look of the real JW Speakers, love the light pattern and the fact that they pull a lot less amps than the 80/100 watters did. The price point was high, but after buying Cheapie e-codes, Hella e-codes, IPF e-codes, many pair of 80/100 watt bulbs, etc... I'd likely have saved money to just buy the JW's from the getgo. :)

I ordered this harness from Amazon, it's actually a Hella product. Far nicer than the Putco harness I've used. And yes, the pictures on Amazon are not what I actually got.
http://tinyurl.com/y5t66zwy

I decided to take a chance on this one even though a couple recent reviews said they didn't get a Hella-branded harness. Liked that it seemed to be wired so that hi and lo beams were on independent relays.

Well, I did get the Hella one, to my pleased surprise (and it looks to be wired as I'd hoped - hi and low beams are independent relays. Looking forward to getting it installed.

I can post up the Hella part number from the box if anyone's interested.

Back