• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to build the boys Jeep

Jump This

Just another minion!
As some of you know, I own four Cherokees.
My krawler rig, my son's prerunner and two other project rigs.
I promised my son I'd get to his build as soon as I finished up some
detail work on my rig.
Well, I got that done today...
Here is the starting point.
dscn0480.jpg

I have a few goals to reach with this one.
First, I need to get this done without spending a bundle of cash. The budget will be less than 1k.
Since I already have the vast majority of the parts I need, and I won't have to pay others to do the fab work, I think is it very realistic sum.

There are a few basic repairs that need to be done too.
A stud on the exhaust manifold broke, so there is a substantial leak there, and of course it is the stud located nearest the driving compartment (is that #1 or #6?) The entire exhaust system will be either rebuilt or replaced. It's kinda' thrashed.
The seats are out of a four door and will need to be replaced.
The doors will need some help also.
His air bag deployed while he was parked drinking an ice tea (that is his story ;) ) so that will need to be replaced.
The rear hatch needs some attention, either it is loose or the frame is flexing badly.

I have four months to complete it.
Lets see how far I can get in that time frame.

Oh yeah, it will also get a new coat of paint.

Rick

4:56
Maybe a rear locker, but I don't think so.
A cage? Most definitely. My son said he didn't need one. My logic is, that if we build a rig capable of flat out gettin' it, we better have a cage.
Although it will have rock rails, they will be there more as a mounting point for the cage than for protection....

Rick i was looking at the wifes saturn vue today, i see that the front seat passanger side fold's flat.. I know there are few that do this, so you could have him look around the J/Y for some he likes.. HTH

A stud on the exhaust manifold broke, so there is a substantial leak there, and of course it is the stud located nearest the driving compartment (is that #1 or #6?)

Had the same stud break on me. I had to pull the head, drill it out and tap it for a new stud. It was a big PITA.

I might have some goodies for you Rick.

Lets talk over a keg of beer next week.

I want some of your sweet goodies Cal... :D

Back