• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'90 XJ - Dash Lights/DRL

Green Machine

NAXJA Forum User
Hello Everyone - first post and hoping someone can provide me with some places to resolve a few electrical problems i'm encountering.

I have just recently rebuilt my '90 Cherokee 4.0 I6 engine. Completely redone with almost every sensor and vacuum harness bought brand new from Rockauto! Engine turned on the first go, which was exhilarating.

I have two remaining issues that I can not for the life of me figure out. I have no dash lights, and i have no daytime running lights.

I have checked all fuses, and even though they were fine, i replaced all of them. I have replaced all relays in the engine bay and two i found under the steering wheel internally. Nothing seems to be working. I have replaced the Turn signal Switch, Dimmer Switch, and Headlamp Switch with none fixing the problem at hand.

Now I must admit that my electrical knowledge when it comes to cars is by far my biggest weakness, so if anyone has any ideas of what to look at i would be very happy to hear where to look and what to do here!!!

I'm planning on going to the wrecker here soon to pick up three of four different DRL modules to try them all out. I'm hoping that my DRL module is actually messed up and that's why its giving me all these issues, but id love to know if someone here has other ideas.

Hoping someone can help me and look forward to hearing opinions.

Gracias!

Did you check your ECU connection was seated fully and did you verify your dash connection as well? There are two at the dash. Also possible is a grounding issue.

Thank you for this reply. I have not checked the dash connectors or the ECM. I will do that this weekend and see if that helps anything.

Really appreciate the ideas. If these work, Im going to be one happy camper!

Back