• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pass. Door Lock blowing fuse?

MoparManiac

NAXJA Forum User
92/4.0/AW4

PW/PL no power mirrors.

The previous owner had a Pursuit remote start/keyless entry installed sometime ago. Everything works fine and as it should until someone hits the pass. door lock button.

As soon as this happens the dome fuse pops. Every time. I also recently put in a radio, but I took that out and unplugged it and it still pops the fuse so I ruled out my wiring there.

Any ideas? Is this a common problem or am I gonna have to trace down someone's hack job?

There's no way thats right. Sounds like someone crossed/spliced some wiring incorrectly....someone being the PO, not you :D

Just finished fixing this on my 1995. You will find if you disconect the drivers side switch and try the passenger door lock it will work. As soon as you hook up the drivers side door switch and try the lock on pass. door it will blow fuse. Fix is to replace drivers side door lock switch.

Back