• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar bracket (frame)

Pinoy59

NAXJA Forum User
I recently lengthened my control arms 1/2" to help keep my tires out of the body panels. If i move the axle much further forward then i would have to redo the battery tray which i don't really want to do. My question is this. I am currently doing frame stiffeners which will give a solid surface to weld to, and i plan on welding the track bar bracket to the frame but i want to know if i should go through the trouble of moving it forward 1/2"? I can probably fill in the bolt holes and drill new ones or weld something on to make it work, but is it worth the trouble? Has anyone stretched their axle forward and had to deal with this? Thank you.

I previously welded the track bar bracket to the frame because i sheard one of the bolts off on the trail.
001385aa6d1aa950541655e90fc3a4c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Do you have the normal type of trackbar? If so, I might look at a OTK trackbar. I have the Sticky Fab on my DD.

Do you have the normal type of trackbar? If so, I might look at a OTK trackbar. I have the Sticky Fab on my DD.
I need to read better (i am at work). On the axle side, i have an adjustable track bar in the stock location. It has a heim joint on the axle end which allows for some movement but i would rather keep it parallel if i can.

I would like to keep my steering geometry if i can. If i move the track bar bracket up, i will need to move the drag link up the same. Since i have y-link steering, thats not really possible. I would need to do the WJ knuckle swap which is a whole can of worms. I just don't have money for it right now, as much as i would like to do it.
4e0e9fd80f2524f22c8b831483e30546.jpg

I do have WJ BBs on both of mine. Still, I am not sure or don't see the issue with a OTK trackbar. I would think you'd be able to keep your present steering setup.

https://www.stinkyfab.com/collections/xj-steering/products/sfr-otk-track-bar-kit-for-jeep-xj-mj-zj

I think it might be worth looking into. I do have Rusty's on my other XJ. I also have the kit for Ironman's.
So... what is your opinion about moving the track bar bracket foward?

If i did move it forward, my plan would be to weld/fill in the holes and move them over. If need be, i would weld some plate to the side so the holes wouldn't be off of the bracket. Then weld the bracket to the frame so it would be held on by the bolts and welded.

My axle is and inch or more pushed forward. 6” of lift. Im using an off the shelf tnt bracket and bar under axle. Dont overthink it. Unless its contacting something that would need it moved, its fine where it is.

Im running my track bar pushed forward quite abit. On my xj and pickup with no issues

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Looks like you have an RC long arm lift and track bar setup just like me. I'm planning to extend my front axle forward to keep the tires away from the front fenders as well. I think you will need to move the track bar mounting bracket forward at least 1/4" to keep the diff housing from hitting the bracket at full compression. You'll also likely need to move the swaybar forward at least 1/4" to keep it from hitting the coil springs when the swaybar is in-use.

I’d bevel out those vertical cuts in the frame rail, and get those welded up good before doing anything else. Massive stress risers in the worst area possible!

If it's already removed (it is) I would move it forward to match the axle. Before welding it home, tack it in place and check for clearances/interferences at full stuff and droop just to be sure.

Play with inches not quarter inches.

I feel a 1/4" movewill have you wishing you went 1/2" or 1"

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Back