• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 hole neon injector thread (again)

ShoeterMcgav

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
First off sorry if this is in the wrong place I'll be posting a link to the old thread I found in oem tech, but since it is indeed not stock I figured here is better.

So, I'd like to upgrade my injectors. Bosch reman sounds like the ticket over some Amazon China special for 35 bucks.. yes all 6.. is this still the case? Anyone have updated part numbers for my 97? According to this post I should be after the 703's... but fml I can't find any on ebay or elsewhere.

Year 4.0/Injector Model#:

87-91 - 0280155746
92-98 - 0280155703
99-01 - 0280155784

These are the what you want if you are doing the four hole upgrade injectors. If not you can replace them with the one hole stock injectors. Those can be found on most auto parts sites.

What ever you don't go on to ebay and buy the $50 "new" injectors. They are all Bosch knock offs from china. They say "Lifetime warranty" but it very hard to send back a warranty product to China in any considerable amount of time if they live up to the warranty at all.

You want genuine Bosch rebuilt injectors.

Are 710s the new 703s??

Thanks for the help here yall appreciate any and all feed back.

Last edited:
I was running the 0280156007 for years until I built my stroker, now I run the 0280155849 injectors.

4 hole? What year? I'm not stroked (yet!) So not sure if that's a feasible option for my lowly stock internals

So are part numbers irrelevant these days? For a 97 I just look for bosch 4 hole ev1 Gen -what evers?

4 hole? What year? I'm not stroked (yet!) So not sure if that's a feasible option for my lowly stock internals

Mine is a 2000 and yes they are 4 hole injectors!

Ah poop.. I think our connectors vary... id need pig tails, I'd like to avoid that extra cost. Back to square one I guess lol thanks tho

Any 703 guys or 92'-98' owners with new 4 hole injectors have an updated bosch number that is comparable to the 703s??

Can anyone confirm that the 710s are a direct replacement for the 703s? Plenty of flow matched and ohm tested 710s on the fleabay... I knownits not as reliable as buying from a trusted seller.. I have no problem testing and cleaning them myself tho. Just need to get the right ones

F it. Pulling the trigger on bosch 710s from fleabay... wish me luck!

There are places like Fuel Injector Clinic that can fully characterize the stock injector (flow rate and latency) and then recommend a replacement 4-hole or whatever people want. Of course they'll want to sell you one of their injectors that will be more than a fleabay, but it will be a properly functioning injector that will have the correct flow rate and latency response to match up with the ECU programming.

Flea-bay is definitely not the place to buy injectors. I have bought 3 sets from Precision and they are flow matched and a lifetime warranty.

As are mine... in America as well as ohm tested legit bosch injectors, 99.8 seller score. #shrug I took the gamble betting that they are better than my 25 year old stockers. Stealership parts are the most expensive... doesn't mean they are the only option out there though. Sometimes, they are worth the extra coin like in TPS or IAC I prefer genuine mopar oem. The jeep is a budget build for me, otherwise I'd be on tons and 40s. I'll update in a few months

Last edited:
Appreciate the input after the buy now button was pushed.. super helpful guys lmmfao

Good news... injectors appear to be in much better shape than had I went jy diving. From the write-ups that spurred the 4 hole upgrade, I'd say I'm at least doin better than them (pulling em out of an old neon). Will confirm 710s fitment soon

Last edited:
Back