• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cv or non cv SYE yoke

Profesto

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to put a jb conversions sye on my 95 xj with a np231. I have the parts for a 5.5"-6.5"(with srb) leaf lift and was wondering if I should go with the cv or non cv yoke. I cannot find a definite answer. My understanding is that with the non cv the pinion has to be parallel with the t case and u joint angles must be under a certain degree but this can be hard to accomplish with higher lifts. And with the cv yoke and shaft you can just shim the axle to basically point at the t case but the pinion angle has to be within a certain spec also. My question is what would be the better route to go or is it just preference and your application. Thank you.

Double carden shaft

Im wondering if anyone has experience using a non cv in the front. I swapped in jk44s and didn’t rotate the knuckles. My pinion angle is very close to flat and it vibes like hell. Im constantly wearing out driveshafts. Either the slip or the cv joints go bad. Im thinking about trying a non cv shaft as the tcase angle and pinion are not far off.

Im wondering if anyone has experience using a non cv in the front. I swapped in jk44s and didn’t rotate the knuckles. My pinion angle is very close to flat and it vibes like hell. Im constantly wearing out driveshafts. Either the slip or the cv joints go bad. Im thinking about trying a non cv shaft as the tcase angle and pinion are not far off.

I wouldn't recommend it, there is something else wrong!

Drive shaft balance would be my first thought, also check your slip-yoke spline fitment.

Drive shaft balance would be my first thought, also check your slip-yoke spline fitment.

I have worn through 4 very well balance new shafts in three years. Even when brand new they vibrate like crazy. Its not the shafts fault. Its the pinion angle. Its supposed to be in line with the shaft. Not 20°+ below

Back