• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sorry I have a dumb question

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
How do I get the nutstrip out on the pass. side.Is it part of the exhaust hanger Tired of not having recovery points.:smsoap:

The three that I've work with all had one or two rivets holding the nutstrip to the frame (if you look at the hitch there are a few holes that have nothing there those are clearance hole for the rivets).

there was no metal rivet in my 99, there was plastic but that broke when i was loosing the bolts. Yes you do have to remove your bumper also, I thought you already did and were just wonder why it wasn't just sliding out.

I was just gonna remove it all to gehter because when i bought my hitch they gave me enough of the spacers to do both sides. I was gonna try to tap out the nutstrip but my Leafs are in the way

Woohoooooo!!!!!!! So after laying in the parking lot for an hour with a tap and an open end wrench that happened to grab the square end of the tap just enough. I got the holes tapped out in the nut strip. Now i noticed that the bolt hole line up with one of the exhaust hanger bolts. So if i torque it it should be OK to use correct? I will get that sucker put on tomorrow since i don't have a torque wrench or an extra set of hands. :wave:

Yeah you shouldnt have any problems. Did yours have rivets. I had none once i got the las bolt off my old hitch my nutstrips just slid on out. I still have the strips and there are no holes where rivets were. who knows. Anyway glad you got a solution to your problem

looked like the used to be on between the two holes i tapped out but it looks like it rusted

Back