• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker Replacement Sliders vs Traditional Sliders

gregmondro

NAXJA Forum User
I am contemplating ditching my traditional below the rocker slider rails and going with some rocker replacement sliders.

Something similar to this http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55727&highlight=rocker+replacement

But with a few changes.

Does anybody have experience with both? The wheeling I'm starting to do is getting more difficult and I'd like the extra ground clearance, not to mention I'm probably going to exo the Jeep in the upcoming year or so, so I'd like to tie this into the rocker replacements rather then the traditional sliders.

I'm just worried about bashing the replacement rockers on rocks and screwing up the tin can XJ body vs just smashing up the rockers themselves if the traditional slider flexes up into them.

Any opinions?

There are at least 3-4 guys i wheel with that have those.I plan on getting them as well.I dig them, the only issue i have seen is that if your rockers are already severly damaged it makes the install much harder.

Sean

Mine are in good condition overall. I already have some traditional sliders on there currently. The pinch seam is only bent up in a couple spots, but nothing major :)

I'm not too worried about the install. I already have quite a few good sources to goto to help get them installed and welded up. I'm more concerned about how well they stand up to abuse vs traditional sliders.

After doing a few searches and seeing a few different threads on the subject, I stumbled upon yours pics of how you tied yours into the rails, I was considering something similar :)

Other then that, any "drawbacks"?

Last edited:
gregmondro said:
After doing a few searches and seeing a few different threads on the subject, I stumbled upon yours pics of how you tied yours into the rails, I was considering something similar :)

Other then that, any "drawbacks"?

no, i really like the clearance and it helped me get over obstacles i couldn't with my regular rock rails.

my only issue was being lazy and not tying my cage into the framerails right away. because of that, i took some hard hits on my rails, and it buckled my floor and pushed the rails in a little.

Yellaheap showed me how the same thing happened to his. He said a mild hit crushed up the body preety far up. Now it's tied in good and all is well.

Back