NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old April 2nd, 2005, 14:54
NAXJA Forum User

xj/mj lift kits

So i talked to this guy the other day with an MJ, he said that rubicon xpress doesn't make a bigger kit than 5.5 for an MJ??? he said that rubicon xpress told him that they were different in the front end?? i know the leaf spring are different but why did rubicon xpress say that?? i think there a bunch of goons! but i think this guy was too!

but seriuosly teel me if there is anything reallly different.

stoney
Old April 2nd, 2005, 15:13
NAXJA Forum User

Re: xj/mj lift kits

I think I read somewhere that they are have stronger LCA mounts. This wouldnt make it a different suspension though.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 15:28
Lifetime NAXJA Member

The MJ front, as far back as the front seats, is the same as the XJ. The lower control arm mounting locations are reinforced with an external gusset plate -- which is available (or was) as separate parts and can be added to an XJ. The gusset plates do not interfere with lifting, and the TrailMaster drop brackets fit an MJ the same as they do an XJ.

The tranny cross member mount on the MJ is also reinforced compared with the XJ, and this also does not affect lifts.

Owner/Driver/Enabler of "The Fleet"
Self-appointed President-for-Life of the World MJ Preservation Society
Old April 2nd, 2005, 18:30
NAXJA Member

Talking Re: xj/mj lift kits

people lift XJ's? and MJ's? WHY!?!

why would you ever wheel a uni-body vehicle?

Rubicon Express makes great stuff for TJ's...
Nothing in Moderation . . .. . . . .... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . competitor #91 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The Ride Racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan C. View Post
As if the program is running with some high level of integrity and only the best of the best win.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 20:32
NAXJA Forum User

the RE guys told me that MJs get less lift from the front springs as a similarly equipped XJ, because they are more front heavy. I can not verify this. Lift the front with whatever XJ kit you want, and the rear do a spring over and mix-n-match junkyard leafs to get any extra you want.