NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Comanche MJ (1985 - 1992)
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Jeep Comanche MJ (1985 - 1992) Jeep's Cherokee-based compact pickup technical forum.

Old May 3rd, 2014, 17:40
NAXJA Member

Re: George

Nothing really new.

I had a few problems starting the jeep, where the power wire to the starter didnt have good contact with the battery, so I used some leftover 2/0 welding leads from when I re-wired my dodge, and made it more better...

Started with this - no wonder it wasnt getting good contact -

made these -

Changed front wheel bearings - I've never seen such small bearings, nor such cheap bearings. It was $22 for all 4 of them.

Chasing down a vibration around 55mph, that I think might be tire balance or worn steering parts - it passes the 'have your buddy turn the wheel and look for what moves before the tires' test, but has a clunk at one spot in the steering...

I'll need new tires before the fall, but otherwise, its a good daily driver.
Nothing in Moderation . . .. . . . .... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . competitor #91 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The Ride Racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan C. View Post
As if the program is running with some high level of integrity and only the best of the best win.
Old January 30th, 2015, 19:55
NAXJA Member

I'm about ready to pick up some badly needed new tires for this guy.

Having never owned a car or a lowered truck before, I've never shopped for tires this small, nor have I ever considered less than an all terrain.

For size, I'm planning on keeping the police interceptor 17" wheels, and wouldn't mind something a shade narrower, but the height works for me.

What should I look for? (Brand, style...)
Clearly an on road only thing, and being as I live in WA, plenty of wet weather driving.
Nothing in Moderation . . .. . . . .... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . competitor #91 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The Ride Racing
Quote:
As if the program is running with some high level of integrity and only the best of the best win.
Old February 5th, 2015, 19:20
NAXJA Forum User

Ya for lowers mini trucks! I'm in for this
Old December 28th, 2016, 10:18
NAXJA Member

Sometimes you have to park with the trucks!

Got some JK Rubicon wheels and some Cooper tires a while back. Took some spidertrax wheel spacer adapters all the way around, worked good to locate the tires in the wheel wells and adapt to 5 on 5.

Quote:
Old December 29th, 2016, 05:56
NAXJA Forum User

I was going to ask you where you got the hood scoop......lol...........

Then I realized it's the roof of a car.
Old December 30th, 2016, 17:47
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_ranger View Post
Sometimes you have to park with the trucks!

Plan on painting them? I'd go with a dark grey/anthracite on them, just a bit darker than the body paint, if it were me. Looks good either way
Old December 31st, 2016, 13:43
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmansfield View Post
Plan on painting them? I'd go with a dark grey/anthracite on them, just a bit darker than the body paint, if it were me. Looks good either way
No plans to paint them, I've always liked aluminum shiney monkey wheels. I do like they they are Jeep wheels, and the 5 spoke, over the blacked out interceptors.

Only plans on the horizon for this guy is to put in the 29 spline 8.25 that I picked up from GordoSmasho. that and eliminate the aluminum lowering blocks. all to make me feel more secure when power sliding through corners.
Quote:
Old January 5th, 2017, 12:20
NAXJA Forum User

Looking good, those 17's fill the wheel well oh so nice.
Old January 6th, 2017, 12:40
NAXJA Forum User

What size tires did you end up with?
Old November 2nd, 2017, 20:31
NAXJA Member

Nothing super special on this guy - still daily driving it to work, no radical changes recently.

Changed the starter a month ago after a few times hitting the old one with a rock. Changed the heater blower motor today - all summer it was working intermittently. Some time with a multi-meter showed it was getting 12 volts, so $25 later, I now have working defrost for the winter.
Quote:
Old January 21st, 2022, 13:51
NAXJA Member

Guess what day it is!

Water pump day!!!

(And serpentine belt and thermostat day)

I took pictures, but apparently still hasnt figured out how to met me attach them.
Quote: