• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 and aw4

bigjeepman

NAXJA Forum User
In process of doing engine and tranny swap. Problem is tranny i got is from 98-99 and motor is out of 94-95. I dont drive on road at all! This is strictly trail only rarely ever over 5 to 10mph. My question is will tranny still operate without input from ecm. I have tcm and harness for tranny but the engine harness and tranny harness wont plug up.

Again strictly trail only. I really only want first gear and maybe 2nd. Dont neex 3rd or od at all

You can run the transmission without a PCM with switches and relays.

Do a quick search here as the solenoid combination for the gear selection is well documented.

i know about controlling it with solenoids and switches but i was under the impression that you could not manually shift the 1998 and newer model aw4's because they changed the solenoids.

any clarification on that. i think i read that here in someone's aw4 bible of all models from different years

Back