NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old September 2nd, 2009, 19:14
NAXJA Forum User

Another dumb a** lift question

Hello everyone I was given a pro comp lift that was supposed to be a 3'' kit but It was an add a leaf and I'm putting together a Dakota bastard pack. My question is about the lower control arms that came with the kit, They are 16'' center to center and I'm wondering if that is going to enough for a 4.5'' to 5'' kit or do I need longer ones? My next question would have to be about the bastard pack and the keepers or clamps that hold the springs from fanning out. If I was to make a u shaped retainer like thew ones that come on some lift springs ,how do I secure them to the spring without damaging the hardened spring can you weld them on? Thanks for the info.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 19:32
I have not Confirmed, or I used a BAD email Addy

Re: Another dumb a** lift question

Yucca-Man: Rubicon Express RE9900 Drop Brackets this gives approximate LCA lengths, when shops do them they use a rivet, they drill a hole them reem it so when the rivet is driven it lays flat so the leaf above slides over it. you can do this with a countersunk bolt or screw.BDS sells the clamps ready to go for 24.00. a unibit to reem it until it sits flat may be needed.