• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A call out to Sierra Chapter Members

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
One thing about SC is that we seem to take care of each other. We help each other out when our junk is broken, we share and sell parts to benefit the buyer as well as the seller. We have a great time on the trails and M&G's.

So why have we had a good number of bad sale transactions lately? I know I myself have had an issue with a local guy here is Fresno. However I did offer to repair and investigate. If I found something wrong that I could not fix then I would have refunded his money. Plain and simple.

All I am saying is that we need to take care of each other. I trust you guys because you are members of NAXJA and members of Sierra Chapter. I know at times we can not control the items we sell and that our items are sold in a used, scratched up, dented condition. We do know when we have something that it really bad and we sell it anyway under false pretenses.

I'm asking for you guys to be more honest with our dealling with our SC Brothers and Sisters. We need to not just for financial reasons, but also for safety and reliability reasons.

Thank you for reading

I bought a set of brake lines from a so cal member in march and paid him and still haven't got anything refund or parts. That member is kingsize. I think everyone needs to know who is not a going to be honest and who not to deal with. I've tried to call him and no answers I've left messages with my number no call back. I say let everyone know so they dont waste there money on nothing. I'm not rich and it really hurt to have to buy the brake lines twice because I got screwed over by a fellow jeeper. He should sell his jeep cause he doesn't understand.

:flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad:

Thanks, Chuck, I agree very much. I have bought, sold, swapped, loaned, borrowed, received freebies, and given away quite a few things to people on this board. It helps a lot to be able to buy things a little cheaper and to sell things and recoup some of your investments in parts. We should always try to sell stuff that is good and inform others of any flaws that may be known. If it turns out there is something wrong you didn't know about make it right. If its something questionable that the new owner may of caused, reach an agreement. Under no condition should the situation be ignored.

Communication is key, people that buy and sell, swap etc should communicate. If someone does not respond and try to fix the situation they deserve to be called out, so things like this do not happen to others.

I've bought/sold/traded/etc with Gary E, Maximus (Rob), CRASH (Andy), Phil Weeks and probably some more I'm forgetting. The experiences have always been great, really great some times too (about two months Andy :eek: )

and yes, I would like to see a running post, even stickied, on bad experiences with sellers.

xjmoser said:
I bought a set of brake lines from a so cal member in march and paid him and still haven't got anything refund or parts. That member is kingsize. I think everyone needs to know who is not a going to be honest and who not to deal with. I've tried to call him and no answers I've left messages with my number no call back. I say let everyone know so they dont waste there money on nothing. I'm not rich and it really hurt to have to buy the brake lines twice because I got screwed over by a fellow jeeper. He should sell his jeep cause he doesn't understand.

:flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad:

When I needed brake line I called Jim Brown he set me up with some brake line at a great price. I have a rear SS brake line if you need it for FREE? Sorry no fronts.

I was wondering why that was the only thread in the sierra chapter forum the he didn't have 3+ worthless posts with 5+ questions in it! Sorry to hear about crap like this, I hope it all gets worked out.

On a side note I had some great dealings with some of the people here, from free stuff :thumbup: to trades for just some cold beers :cheers: or trades for my un-needed parts :explosion

I got to :worship: NAXJA for that!

Back