• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle swap question?

rockpile317

NAXJA Forum User
I am considering throwing a D44 front and D60 rear out of a 79 Bronco under the XJ does anyone know the width on these, or would it be way too wide, the guy who has them says they're around 62" but the only info I can find says more like 65". If anyone has any experience doing this I would appreciate the input.

Yeah, let me know how you found a d60 under a bronco......

Ford 9" maybe?

Or swapped in after the fact.

Also, the 79 D44 has cast wedges for the radius arms, which means you have to run a radius arm setup to run that axle..

The guy told me it was out of a bronco but they only put those under the f250 and up so it was prolly a swap from that, and as far as the wedges go I can take those off without a problem. Before I saw the light and got an XJ I wheeled early Broncos.

Yes, you wheeled early bronco's, which had the weld on wedges... the 78/79 bronco's had cast wedges, which meant they are cast with the axle tubes into one peice. I too have worked on many a Bronco and know what I speak of Grasshopper...

I would check on that front axle and hold off...

Back