• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector upgrade..plz help

casual

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 88 XJ with the 4.0. My injectors flow 18.6x at 39psi. So I'm looking at getting some upgrade 4 pintel injectors.
I was looking on ebay and have found like 10 different typs of ford 19# injectors lol. Are they all the same, different?

I'm only looking to pay maybe 50-60 for them, so those going for 100+ are out of my budget.

why change something if it works? I wouldn't buy cheap injectors IMO, I wouldn't want to keep swappin them.

There are literally hundreds of different apps they put these bosche injectors into. Just look at the connector where they plug into wire harness you should be able to eyeball the similarity. I found a list on this site at one point. I just went to pnp and took some off a 96 fort tbird 4.6l. Made my junk run way better. Make sure you get the yellow plastic bodied ones, less heat soak with plastic body.

Back