• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Misfire after injector upgrade

Can I ask why you didnt buy ev1 style injectors?

Really just because the ev6 seems to be the majority of what’s out there. From what I can tell, the Bosch 703’s from the dodge neon which were the “go-to” part number for this upgrade are few and far between these days. I had a hard time finding them.
Or maybe I just didn’t look hard enough lol I wouldn’t put it past me.

Really just because the ev6 seems to be the majority of what’s out there. From what I can tell, the Bosch 703’s from the dodge neon which were the “go-to” part number for this upgrade are few and far between these days. I had a hard time finding them.
Or maybe I just didn’t look hard enough lol I wouldn’t put it past me.

For future reference jhc7399, over on cherokeeforum.com sells refurbished 703s and 746s. He replaces o-rings, cleans and flow tests them. Avoid the chinese knock-offs on eBay as way too many people have reported issues.

For future reference jhc7399, over on cherokeeforum.com sells refurbished 703s and 746s. He replaces o-rings, cleans and flow tests them. Avoid the chinese knock-offs on eBay as way too many people have reported issues.

I’ll keep that in mind, thanks! I bought the headlight harness upgrade from him a while back, didn’t realize he did injectors too.

I have a 1997 XJ, 4.0, 231J, 500K miles.
Original engine, but I think I would probably get better mileage and performance if I put in new injectors to replace the originals that are in this engine with 500K miles on it.

Is a refurbished injector, as in the quoted info above, the way to go?
If so, which injector is the proper one for a 1997 4.0?
If there is a better choice, please advise-

Thanks,
Jeff-97XJ

I have a 1997 XJ, 4.0, 231J, 500K miles.
Original engine, but I think I would probably get better mileage and performance if I put in new injectors to replace the originals that are in this engine with 500K miles on it.

Is a refurbished injector, as in the quoted info above, the way to go?
If so, which injector is the proper one for a 1997 4.0?
If there is a better choice, please advise-

Thanks,
Jeff-97XJ

If I had to do it all over again, I would spend the extra money and get them from ksuspensionfab.com
Seems like the best way to go to ensure you’re not receiving junk.
They offer new or refurbs (refurbs are probably perfectly fine), and you just enter your year range, they’ll send you the right ones.

There has been more complaints than good reviews on Kfab.

Thank you for these replies.

Would love to just buy the right ones once and never have to deal with this again!

I don't often admit this. It is a little embarrassing.
But I paid $300 for my 4 hole injectors.
But in my defense there was some logic behind this.
One of the customers at the auto parts store I work at is pretty much the go to place for engine rebuilding in the area. The owner is one of those guys that when he talks you listen.
The son of the owner owns an '00 XJ like me.
He upgraded to 4 hole injectors from here:

https://www.injector.com/cart/pc/home.asp

Now these are brand new injectors.
Also this place is literally 15 minutes from my house.
So I figured if there was problem, which in about 5 years there has not been, it would be easier to deal with.

Back