NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old January 2nd, 2019, 13:35
NAXJA Member

Re: My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Double post
Old January 10th, 2019, 11:06
NAXJA Member

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
I like that you went up that little extra on the rockers. Itís a bit more work but worth it for the extra 2Ē or so youíll get versus just replacing the rocker itself. Thatís how I did mine and added the tube to the outside to keep the Jeep away from stuff. Youíll just cut 2Ē or so from the doors

I wasnít planning on putting the doors back on but been thinking more and more about putting them back on but full half doors and leave it that way. Just to keep the mud out the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old January 10th, 2019, 11:10
NAXJA Member

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Lookie at what decided to show up today! Got the new crossmember in and the new links made. Gonna try and have it sitting in its own weight by this weekend and hopefully I can take it over to get the rockers welded in. As well as a lot more to come!

Old January 12th, 2019, 16:35
NAXJA Member

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Alright so the atlas is in. Only had to cut a little bit out of the floor to make it fit. Waiting on a tail support for it. Also got the crossmember fit up with the atlas. Will have to come apart again though for a little more trimming but for the most part itís done. I might have to shorten my front driveshaft some as well. Something else for this new set up came in Friday. Picked up a set of 12Ē coilovers for the rear. Also ordered the rear half of the Ironman4x4 crossmember to get the rear linked up. Iíll put front coilovers on soon but right now not worried about it. With school starting Monday this will all slow down some but weíll see gonna try and get as much done as possible without distracting me for my classes.

Old January 15th, 2019, 09:11
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
I wasnít planning on putting the doors back on but been thinking more and more about putting them back on but full half doors and leave it that way. Just to keep the mud out the floor.

Also a good choice. I have full doors and half doors but rarely have the full doors on. Itís nice having a place to rest your arm or have a cup holder
Old January 19th, 2019, 06:24
NAXJA Forum User

What did you have to cut/modify to get the Atlas in?
Old January 19th, 2019, 12:16
NAXJA Member

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfreestyle View Post
What did you have to cut/modify to get the Atlas in?

Not too much of the Jeep in reality. I had to cut some of the floor and pull it back but thatís about it. Most of the trimming had to come out of the crossmember to make it fit.. I donít have any photos of that.

Old January 20th, 2019, 15:02
NAXJA Forum User

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
Well got the Jeep back last week. Seats are end for the most part.. we missed a weld so Iím taking back Friday to get that burnt so I can finally mount the passenger. I have got the driver side in and harnesses readjusted and still have to adjust the harnesses for the passenger side once itís in.. limit straps are also in and set. And I also started on my new bumpstops. I rounded some bar stock and welded it in. Next Iím gonna find something I can build up the bottom.

Looking good. What seats are those?

Old January 21st, 2019, 17:20
NAXJA Member

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by young7.3 View Post
Looking good. What seats are those?

Thanks they are PRPs but Iím not sure which ones

Old February 6th, 2019, 19:18
NAXJA Member

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

More to add.. New rockers and supports are all welded in. Front is pretty much done for now. Atlas is in permanently and new shifters hooked up and set up. Need to bend one of them them cause it was a TJ kit I found used and I donít like how the shifters are bent. Ordered a Raddesign winters shifter which showed up today along with a Goatbuilt winters mount. Actually pretty excited about the new fitment of it all. Puts the shifter right where I want it. Hopefully gonna get that all installed and working this weekend. Iím also hoping my rear crossmember shows up sometime soon so I can get started on that.

Old February 10th, 2019, 14:54
NAXJA Member

this thing is awesome hahaha, are there any videos of her eating rock's n mud?
Old February 12th, 2019, 05:53
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4JeePmaNthINg View Post
Yeah, they're on his instagram but he only has the 37? inch treps instead of the 42s. Neutral drops the $h!t outta that AW4. His @ is zachhnelson.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 18:20
NAXJA Member

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4JeePmaNthINg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeecrawler View Post
Yeah, they're on his instagram but he only has the 37? inch treps instead of the 42s. Neutral drops the $h!t outta that AW4. His @ is zachhnelson.

Lol yeah they mostly on my Instagram. Those were 40Ē treps I dropped it with haha not gonna lie a little curious to see if Iíll still be able to do it on the 42s but weíll see!

Old February 23rd, 2019, 18:34
NAXJA Member

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

Well got some done on the Cherokee today. Rear crossmember finally came in Thursday so thatís in just needs to get welded. Got all the old rear suspension out and the truss mocked in and axle kinda where I want it. Cut some out of the rear fenders for the coil overs. Just need to make a Barnes4wd order and make some links and it should be good to go. I also got my new shifter all hooked up today. Need to do a little mount adjustment cause now my seat doesnít fit but it seems to shift find.

Old March 10th, 2019, 21:33
NAXJA Member

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

So the Cherokee has been waiting for my last order to Barnes4wd to get finished up. Been hard lately to come up with the extra money, everywhere I turn something or someone is needing money. But Iím getting there. The truck, which has been hogging a lot of it, should be good for a little while and the Comanche is getting cut off after I fix the shifter which shouldnít be much. I am however picking up a set of coilovers for the front this week. I know that money could go to fixing the rear but in the long run itíll work out better. I am hoping to have it pretty freaking close by the end of the month if not early next. I did get my new trans shifter all hooked up ad mounted. I need to still wire it to the TCM. My cutting brake handle is mounted and needs to be plumbed. My atlas shifters are in and working as they should. All thatís really left to do is to weld in my rear crossmember, shorten my front driveshaft, plumb the cutting brake and build the links. After all of that I will take it over to my buddyís place and bend up some front hoops for the front coilovers. Should be back on the trails after that! Hoping and praying all goes well and according to plan but Iím not too optimistic lol