NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old February 5th, 2019, 05:22
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Rubicon Express Lift Made Incorrectly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderOffRoad View Post
The rear shaft is new.

He says the Jeep has 260k+, so if that front shaft has never been rebuilt it could be causing the vibe. Especially if removing it made it fine up to 85
You are correct, my brain tripped up on that one. I bought a new TW front shaft 3 months ago and still haven't installed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
I got my Woody today!
Old February 5th, 2019, 09:12
NAXJA Forum User

Rubicon Express Lift Made Incorrectly?

As you can see, the angle is visibly off even from this crappy picture I took. Since it's not on the double cardon side it cannot have an angle to it. When I say the sliders are maxed out I mean they are pushed back all the way. Towards the rear if the vehicle. I am at work so I cannot get dirty on my back to measure it out today but here are some pics of what I'm talking about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old February 5th, 2019, 11:01
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderOffRoad View Post
I ran the same kit on my 94 with no issues.

Every Jeep is a little different. That’s why the factory LCA adjusters exist. To get them into spec.

How’s the front shaft look overall? Bad joints could contribute to the vibe.
Front drive shaft is good. I bought it certified pre tested. While I was waiting on my custom rear I was running stock front drive shafts front and rear. I was asking if the lower controls not fitting was due to my own error or if they made them all size fits none.

Since they are not proper fitting I now either need adjustable upper or lower controls. I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to either remedy this problem or a solid recommendation for some quality controls

Old February 5th, 2019, 12:32
NAXJA Forum User

check your yokes at the axle and case for slop, if those are solid id look into adjustable uppers and possibly a castor measurement.

install the adjustable uppers without the driveshaft installed and remove castor (point the pinion up) until you get undesirable on road wandering (typical of too little castor). reinstall the driveshaft and see how it is. if you still have vibes, you can use the adjustable uppers and factory castor adjustment on the lowers to push the axle forward to help with the driveshaft angle.

as stated, every vehicle is different. youll have to play with it to get things perfect.
Old February 5th, 2019, 12:43
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgalexg View Post
You definitely should just get RE Super-flex adj uppers, the stock uppers are junk specially since you Super-flex lowers.
Old February 5th, 2019, 13:14
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAhasnoWAVES View Post
check your yokes at the axle and case for slop, if those are solid id look into adjustable uppers and possibly a castor measurement.

install the adjustable uppers without the driveshaft installed and remove castor (point the pinion up) until you get undesirable on road wandering (typical of too little castor). reinstall the driveshaft and see how it is. if you still have vibes, you can use the adjustable uppers and factory castor adjustment on the lowers to push the axle forward to help with the driveshaft angle.

as stated, every vehicle is different. youll have to play with it to get things perfect.
Will do. Thank you for explaining what I should do to be sure my angles will all be correct.

Old February 5th, 2019, 15:41
NAXJA Forum User

I hope you a least bought the IRO double shear trackbar.
Old February 5th, 2019, 17:21
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
I hope you a least bought the IRO double shear trackbar.
I did.

Old February 9th, 2019, 00:01
NAXJA Member

You definitely need adjustable upper control arms.
'91 XJ Laredo 2 dr 4.0, AW4, 242 w/sye, Fact rear D44, Custom D44 front, 4.88, Detroit's frt and rear, Ten Fact 33 spline axles, Currie Cromo 33 spline frt axles, TNT long arms, cross, and skids, HD unibody plates w/ reinforcements, 99+ intake, 703 inj, WJ V8 PSP, WJ knuckles, Durango PSB, mod Logans metal rear bump, mod JCR deluxe front bump, AJ's super rock rails, IRO 6.5" coils and 5.5" leafs, Bilstein 5150's, etc.....