• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear door window regulator?

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
I am having a hard time finding regulators for the back doors. Napa lists a part number but they told me it is a brand new part and not at any suppliers. Summit listed it and said it would ship so I put in an order. Now it keeps pushing the backorder date back and back, not sure it will ever ship at this rate(a month wait so far). Also I can only seem to find right rear no right left.

Has anyone replaced these and why is it so hard to find. Online OEM distrubters list them but all want 30 bucks shipping so I haven't resorted to that just yet.

I don't want to hassle with used or junkyard parts for something like this, i want new.

Numbers I have sofar(non OEM)
Napa part number
RT # : NOE 66595521

Dorman
Number: 748-096

Yea, same part number as I listed and alot more money from autozone than Summit and also a "Special Order" meaning it is going to come from the same place Summit is trying to get my order from...

I got one for a front door from RockAuto a couple years back, did you try there?

Typically the rear regulators get less usage, and the window glass is smaller, so a good used part from the junkyard should be just fine. At the local U-Pull-It window regulators are $ 7 each. Bring your 12 volt jumper pack and test it. The job is not difficult, even if you got a dud, it doesn't take long to swap one out.

Summit just back ordered to August 2018. They said that date came from Dorman, maybe the part number got out before they even began production. Just to let people know who search for the part number....

I may try to fix mine. The motor is still good but the plastic tube the work screw rides in cracked and broke off. Same thing happened to my front regulator and I could never get a long teem fix. I may try and get more creative(read: way more plastic weld).

Looks I have no option. It is always the plastic pieces that break so lube won't help. Az heat rots anything plastic.

Back