• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you rebuild TRE's?

SonicCougar99

NAXJA Forum User
Hello again. I snagged a ZJ V8 tie rod setup the other day at a junkyard, but realized after I got home that the non-replacable TRE's aren't really in great shape. A friend said something to me about taking it apart and rebuilding it. Is that even possible? If it is, that would be HUGE, and would save me about $100 on buying a brand new one. I got this setup for $20, so if I can rebuild it, it would definitely save me some cash.

Damn, oh well, it was worth asking. What about replacing the boot? The boot on the drag link kinda got FUBAR'd when pulling it at the junkyard, but the link itself feels good.

Just tuned into this thread and I'd been at two different jy's in the last two days looking for something unrelated to steering but was looking over some ZJ set ups - what parts are interchangeable? I'm still piecing together my steering set-up knowledge so just curious.

Back