• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are you ready

Since it is about 2 months out, wanted to see who is ready and who is still working on their stuff.

I’ll start.
Need to finish building the front axle and install it, welding needs to be done, gears, order front shafts(RCV’s)...ouch...and order front drive shaft.

Should be done in time...I hope:eyes:

STROKER

Done:
- Replace HVAC blower and fan speed resistor pack
- Install protective boots on my winch disconnect connectors

Goals:
- Reinstall wire tail for winch to battery(removed to do boot)
- Install tie-back lanyards for swaybar discos
- Redo headliner (Bonus: relocate CB to mount between visors instead of wedged between console and RF seat, run mic extension down to dashboard)
- Repair passenger-area floorpans
- Repair cargo floor/lower quarter panels
- switch tail light harnesses to 97+ sockets/bulbs

Would like to get to:
- Get driving lights working again (replace relays/fuses, check wiring)

Oh, I already have a set of harnesses and bulbs - got them a while ago from a part-out. Just haven't had time to actually put them in so far.

I'm hoping to start the spring over swap on my YJ this weekend.
Then I need gears lockers and an sye.
Honestly I doubt I'll finish. But if I don't I'll just take the xj.

Start Jeep and make sure it still runs
Change oil
Measure and order new rear driveshaft
Bleed brakes
Hope brakes work

Hey!!! It's getting closer! For all those coming, where are you staying if at twin Grove? We are all set with a cabin in the middle and as usual will be hosting campfires and lies every night! Don't forget to bring a towel, er, a chair! Looking forward to the event! We have a new food supplier for the dinner this year, and a few other surprises! It looks to be a fairly small contingent this year, but we have all our ducks in a row and can't wait to have everyone out in the woods again! Been too long!
Rich

Have a deluxe cabin booked as usual (locked it in last July).

Got a headliner kit ordered this morning, but the floorpans will have to wait until after due to busy work.

Am SO looking forward to this...

Gave up on the spring over for nacfest. So I installed a bumper and one rock rail. Hopefully I'll get the second one on this weekend. Then just install my bald 32s and wheel it.

Well hmmm, the list was longer than I thought.
Axle is at least in and mounted, however, I need to:
1. Build a new drag link materials should be here Thursday
2. New front brakes lines, also should be here Thursday
3. Get the dang new hub gears to fit the dang stub shaft, never worked so hard to put axle shafts in, in my life, THANKS RCV.(insert sarcasm).
4. Check and possibly change oil and filter.
5. Check and charge shocks.
6. I know there is more just can’t remember right now.
Building axles suck...

STROKER

I'll still have to gas up old faithful and maybe take it thru a pressure wash, but that's it for rig preparation for me this year there has been no time in my life.
That said, I have a truckload of firewood and oil for the torches, so my cabin is where it happens at night, per usual...I'll have the grill going and available for anyone, the general goofiness is free.

Well hmmm, the list was longer than I thought.
Axle is at least in and mounted, however, I need to:
1. Build a new drag link materials should be here Thursday...DONE
2. New front brakes lines, also should be here Thursday...DONE
3. Get the dang new hub gears to fit the dang stub shaft, never worked so hard to put axle shafts in, in my life, THANKS RCV.(insert sarcasm).DONE
4. Check and possibly change oil and filter. DONE
5. Check and charge shocks.DONE
6. I know there is more just can’t remember right now.DONE
7. New Adams driveshaft in, smooth and DONE
8. Check and tighten bolts and such on front end.
Building axles suck...

STROKER

She once again sits on all 4’s.

STROKER

Let's see, still need to replaced the locker pumps, install diff covers, install CB, switch out hard top for soft top, swap springs, finish winch install, install oil pan skid, weld on shackle tabs, 4high locker bypass, swap out for 33s and steering if I have time.

If it's not last minute it's not me. Haha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wheeled it last weekend, didn't break it, so its ready!! Just realized that Jeremy left the key on "Accessory" since last weekend, so it MAY need a battery. Hoping to revive my Optima yellow top.... we'll see. I ground away more of the rear diff too, it seems to be leaking diff oil more. Thank goodness it never gets over 20mph anymore.

Back