• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear axle question

R-IK

NAXJA Forum User
To make a long story short...I'm currently in Australia and thinking of buying an ARB differential locker.
As far as I know my rear axle (Dana 35, model: XJ, year: 2001) comes with 27 teethes and a gear ratio of 3.54.
Can anyone of you guys approve it?

Thanks, Arik.​

R-IK said:
To make a long story short...I'm currently in Australia and thinking of buying an ARB differential locker.

As far as I know my rear axle (Dana 35, model: XJ, year: 2001) comes with 27 teethes and a gear ratio of 3.54.
Can anyone of you guys approve it?​

Thanks, Arik.​

WTF is TEETHES ?:huh:

signman2007 said:
WTF is TEETHES ?:huh:

TEETHES may be replaced with splines or whatsoever...I assume that one that already bought one and installed the ARB locker will understand it :sad1:

i'm not sure of the logistical hurdles one would face in your location, but it's usually suggest to not spend the money on the dana 35. most would suggest getting the 29 spline 8.25 or a dana 44 out of another xj.

i have an ARB in my xj d44 and love it for what it's worth.

FitchVA said:
i'm not sure of the logistical hurdles one would face in your location, but it's usually suggest to not spend the money on the dana 35. most would suggest getting the 29 spline 8.25 or a dana 44 out of another xj.

i have an ARB in my xj d44 and love it for what it's worth.

I'm aware of it but it will be very complicated to find one (unfortunately, the XJ is very rare here) and I don't want the mess of bringing it from the US.
BTW, I'll have no plan use tires greater than 31". so as far as I know it will suite. correct me if I wrong.

that sounds right for factory d35. to be sure get under the sucker and check for the stamping on the diff cover, gear ratio tag or stamp on the the axle tube. I have run 32s on my d35 with trak-loc diff for 4 years and wheeled the piss out of the beast. havn't busted the rear end.

Dude don't get your feelings hurt I was just wondering why you used TEETHES instead of splines or even TEETH thats all, maybe it was just used like that for lack of a better word at the time. I'm just not used to seeing or hearing someone talk like that....my apologies:dunno: Do you guys have places to wheel over there? Last time I was over in those parts I was in a Hummer and all there was , was sand and:sunshine: did manage to break the front wheel off right at the knuckle from jumping a sand dune tho:viking:
R-IK said:
TEETHES may be replaced with splines or whatsoever...I assume that one that already bought one and installed the ARB locker will understand it :sad1:

Back