• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 ... camber?

LOCKED UP

NAXJA Forum User
So I noticed the other day my d30 seems "warped"....

Seems like I have a little top camber action going & I was wondering why this keeps happening? I haven't even wheeled on this d30... well nothing hard... anyway. The wear on my tires is obvious, so I'm gonna do a rotation but I would like to know why this keeps hapening?

Also, I know there are balljoints that are out there that may help correct this but I have heard they may be weaker... is that true and where can I get them.

I'm looking for a d44 to swap in to replace it but I'd still like to know what the freaking deal is.

Sounds like you may actually have a little negative caster.

At one time after a lift install, I unknowingly had neg. caster and it may the tires look like the camber was off. However, after seting my caster correctly the tires came back to the correct camber.

Just an option. YMMV

You know... I thought about that... but I don't know how I could adjust the caster other than a shim or cutting & rewelding...which is something I don't really feel like doing just now... not that I feel like changing balljoints either.

Maybe I could move the axle forward on the spring a little to gain some back, course if I'm gonna do that I guess I could just as easily slap in a shim.....

Thanks for the idea... anybody else?

Course I'll probably end up doing nothing since I really plan on doing a complete swap but I'd still like to know what's going on.

Back