• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interesting Concept "Local Motors"

Old news,one passed me on the freeway the other day.

It may be that a Raptor passed you the other day on the Hwy...

But it's the Concept that a person and a group of other people from all over the world can come together without even working for a car company and build a vehicle from the ground up.

What Local Motors does is give you the tools to build what you can dream. With micro manufacturing, it puts cars back on the level with Micro-Brews.

I thought that is a pretty cool concept, one that I thought I would share as I am sure that not everyone sees it as "Old news".

Last edited:
The old news is that they have been in business for over 3 years,"where have you been hiding"?

The old news is that they have been in business for over 3 years,"where have you been hiding"?
Do you have anything worthwhile to add?

They recently took their first model, held a contest at the behest of the DARPA to redesign it and came up with a high speed recon vehicle for the military. 35s, LS6, expandable rear compartment for potential use to carry a litter.

Back