• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Before purchase

rockhead

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of Rough Country flex upper and lower control arms. Any body running them that can give some feedback? I could not find much searching. Thanks

I'm not. My good friend is. They seem to be pretty decent for being short arms.

I'd say save the cash and get a true 3-link (or true 4-link)

Depending on what your future plans are, you might want to hold off until you can afford a full lift kit. I recommend going long arm but short arms with drop brackets work too. You will be money ahead in the long run to save and do it with a full kit.

Either way I need control arms right away. My bushing are shot im my stock arms and I don't want to spend money on stock parts to fix it. I will most likely go with d-brackets when the time come.

Thanks for the offer John. But if I change them out if will be for aftermarket ones. While I fix this problem I want to make small headway into setting the jeep up right for the trails.

dewidge look at the pics/description for the 4.5 and 6.5 x series kits. they have the uppers.

EDIT: sorry doesnt appear you can order em separately

Last edited:
rockhead, I'd take John up on that offer. Swapping LCAs is easy, I can do em in less than 20 minutes even on rusty northeast jeeps. UCAs are a bit tougher since they use those blasted tag head bolts.

Just remember to only do one control arm at a time and you can get it all done over a long lunch break.

Back