• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for an exhaust shop in san diego

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
I need a new muffler and the pipe behind it. Right now my muffler is shot and the pipe behind it now longer exsist. looking for a good/cheap place in SD. Any recommendations. Also if a place is known that will do carry out.

JJs Fab on Balboa is a fab / general mechanic shop.

For work I have had them do, they sell the parts at their cost, and just charge labor for install. Or, you can bring in your own parts, and they will install.

Last time I had my car in there, they quoted a new muffler, but I forget how much they quoted.

Great shop to work with. Honest guys and reasonable prices. I was referred to them from the NAXJA forum.

http://www.jjsfab.com/

I've went to American Muffler a few times. They are in Clairemont, just south of Clairemont Mesa and just east of Convoy. I can't remember the name of the street but its the first street south of Clairemont Mesa Blvd, off Convoy, has a liquor store on the corner. They are pretty cool guys and didn't charge much. They sell their parts for cost, if i remember correctly. either way they quoted me a good price on putting a 40 series on last time i was there, and you can bring in your stuff if you want to buy it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Mike G has a place he likes in Vista I think. whatever you do, dont go to express muffler in escondido. the one in Clairemont mesa is good though.

KH

Express is no longer in Clairemont. They are only in Escondido and Santee.
I would reccomend Ed Hansen's Muffler shop in Spring Valley. Awesome shop with great prices :)

Kevin3151 said:
Mike G has a place he likes in Vista I think. whatever you do, dont go to express muffler in escondido. the one in Clairemont mesa is good though.

KH

Close, San Marcos. Lyon's Muffler.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lyon%27s+muffler+san+marcos%2C+ca

They take care of you there if you get the main guy. He looked under my Jeep and said "wow, this thing gets used" and put some heavy a$$ wall stuff underneath it. Called it "practically roll cage material" :D. He had a pile of take offs to choose from too when it came to replacing my smashed cherry bomb. Been there a couple of times.

Back