• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Mileage 8.25 help

wrangler88

NAXJA Forum User
ive got a chance to pick up a 98 8.25 with 4.10s for cheap, but its got 115K miles on it, is this alot of miles for an 8.25 or should i not worry about it, the axles doent make any strange noises or anything, and i dont want to rebuild it, i just want to swap it in and take it offroad but if 115K is to many for something like that ill pass it up.. thanks!

how cheep is cheep?

id say go for it. I have 180,000 on my d35-c.... and it hasnt had a problem...

change the fluid when you buy it...

My 97 8.25 has 130000+ miles on it and just passed inspection with flying colours. Mind you it has seen little to no towing over its life and has spent most of its miles city driving.

Is that 115k on the new gearing, or total mileage the axle has seen?

If new gearing, then it might have had new seals, bearings, etc installed when the 4.10 upgrade was performed. Check with the seller to find out how much mileage on the new gearing....

Ivan

i have 230k on mine, locked for the past 30k or so. i did put new bearings in when i did the gears but i think it'll be fine. as long as you aren't spending much on it go for it

Back