• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Just searching for my best option. I may have just purchased a 09 Tacoma TRD offroad. And seanr says I shouldn't tow with it lol. Doing research its pretty much a 50 50 split on taco guys who tow and those that don't. Kinda thinking if it gets sketchy in the mountains I could just back the jeep off the trailer and drive it.

The dealer is putting a new set of tires on the taco, I requested BFG Ats so we'll see if they listened. One more quick test drive to make sure the shitty tires is what I was feeling and I will sign the paperwork.

In your case I’d rent/buy a dolly if you’re towing with the taco. I’d also try to find a couple mounted street tires for the back to save the tread on your good tires.

9f319b6fa77d7bd952e56c539d078428.jpg

Setup the tire machine that chuck bunchofnumbers gave me.

3300680fc0af11501b5eaf2babf87372.jpg

Put hobags beads in my tires.

d4b47459c72afa4271a934e732569792.jpg

Took this nonsense off.

mac ‘all in a couple hours I had this afternoon’ gyvr

Yup, I had an 07 that was a crew cab c&c with a bale bed, it was originally a fleet truck w a service bed n had around 130k I believe, I had it about a year n deleted it w a 50hp hard tune. It was a 6 speed, and was a great truck, I just sold it to down size a bit.....then fast forward a year later n we bought a 2012 crew 3500, I had a 5" full exhaust, h&s mini max, full delete. It's a beautiful truck, larimine pkg, 6 speed special order....loved that truck, but Camille got it in the divorce. Truck looks like a $10k chore truck now......it had @100k on it iirc, zero problems with either 6.7. They make their own fuel, even more so if the tow mirrors are up!

Picked up the new to me Tacoma last night.

Anyone ever flat tow their jeep. Or little tow dolly. Looking for options to get this turd to moab.

I used to flat tow my XJ all over.
We towed it to Moab the first year we went.
Just disconnect your front and rear DSs from the axles, don't leave the c clips on the picnic table though.
I made a tow bar that tied into the front tow points, 2" angle iron and a ball coupling from the hardware store.
I made a light bar for tail lights that went into the rear receiver, and just ran the wires through the cab, under the hood and out the grill.
Up and over the mountains, NFG.

Buying some aluminum raceline beadlocks. What’s everyone’s opinions on 15” vs 17”. I have a nice set of 15” MTRS currently so 17s would need new tires too.

Buy two get two free on the wheels so it’s a once in a lifetime deal for me. Just don’t know if 17s are worth it over 15s

Buying some aluminum raceline beadlocks. What’s everyone’s opinions on 15” vs 17”. I have a nice set of 15” MTRS currently so 17s would need new tires too.

Buy two get two free on the wheels so it’s a once in a lifetime deal for me. Just don’t know if 17s are worth it over 15s
It's getting tougher to find smaller 15" tires.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Anyone have info or tips on programming the Baofeng UV5R? I can’t get the cable that came with it to work on my PC. Going to try an order PC tomorrow.

Anyone have info or tips on programming the Baofeng UV5R? I can’t get the cable that came with it to work on my PC. Going to try an order PC tomorrow.
I ended up programming mine by hand. The program that came with was a mess. Alot of guys use CHIRP to program them, but I would use it, it looked like it programmed fine, I would shut off the radio and the programming would disappear.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Im at the Warren dunes for an overnight trip. Sisters birthday. I think around 2015 here's the first time I met most of you MWC peeps.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Im at the Warren dunes for an overnight trip. Sisters birthday. I think around 2015 here's the first time I met most of you MWC peeps.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Just got home from only about 30 minutes from there. Went up to st Joseph for a wedding spent 2 days out there.

Back