NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old November 19th, 2020, 08:28
NAXJA Forum User

Track Bar and Frame Side Mount

I recently installed a Steinjager track bar that has a ladder bar adjuster, which I unfortunately didn't learn could be adjusted while still on the vehicle, until taking it off the vehicle (oops). I needed to make it longer to center up my axle with the frame.

I tried loosening the two jam nuts when I had it removed from the XJ and I got nowhere. I used a wrench and a heavy duty hammer. Nothing budged.

So, I went to put it back on the vehicle after learning about the ladder bar adjustment function.

Foiled again. I can't mount it back on. Now the mounting hole of the frame side bracket won't center with the hole of the track bar. The track bar is making contact with the interior wall of the bracket before the two reach alignment.

I've tried aligning both to top and bottom sides first and got no good results either way.

Could I some how have bent or distorted the mounting bracket?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Old November 19th, 2020, 08:43
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Track Bar and Frame Side Mount

That's only the second time in twenty years I've even seen that brand. It definitely is not one of the preferred trackbars! It looks like it should mount on the bottom of a stock trackbar bracket.
Old November 19th, 2020, 09:42
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Track Bar and Frame Side Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
That's only the second time in twenty years I've even seen that brand. It definitely is not one of the preferred trackbars! It looks like it should mount on the bottom of a stock trackbar bracket.
I think you're right. I think you're exactly right. The heim joint should be below the bracket and only the nut should be in the bracket cavity. Thanks for knocking me upside the head here. I really appreciate it!